1. Marvin Gaye ……….Charlie Puth and Meghan Trainor
2. Sexual Religion …..Rod Stewart
3. Swing ……….It Lomax
4. Call My Wife ……….Linsey Alexander
5. Patience ……………..Noel Gourdin
6. Back In The Day Café …Andre Lee
7. Dance Tonight ……….The Blackwater Rhythm and Blues Band
8. Lady Soul …………The Temptations
9. I’m In Heaven When I’m With You …………Roy Hamilton
10. Bright ………..Peter White
11. Share My Love ……….R. Kelly
12. A Love To Call Mine ………..Johnnie Taylor
13. #1 Love ………..Winzell Kelly
14. In This Mess ………..Snooky Pryor
15. Before The Night Is Through ………..Gina Sicilia
16. How Do You Stop …………James Brown
17. I Can’t Think ………..The Band of Oz
18. Let’s Walk ………..Austin deLone
19. Come Get To This ……….Marvin Gaye
20. Love Contract………..Musiq Soulchild
21. Come Get To This/Steppin’ _Out Tonight …L.J. Reynolds
22. Sweetness Of Your Love ……….L.U.S.T.
23. The Walk ……….Mayer Hawthorne
24. Goodbye Train ……….Grayson Hugh
25. Still Strokin’ …………Ms. Jody
26. Who’s Rockin’ _You …………Donnie Ray
27. I Used To Cry Mercy Mercy ………The Lamplighters
28. Why Don’t We Just Dance ………Josh Turner
29. Full Of Fire ………Boz Scaggs
30. Don’t Rush ………Kelly Clarkson and Vince Gill
31. Stepped Right Outta My Dream Too ……..Much Sylvia
32. Black Coffee and Cigarettes ……….Mighty Mo Rodgers
33. 8-3-1 ………Lisa Stansfield
34. Satisfy My Woman ………The Entertainers
35. Breakin’ _News ……….Benny Turner
36. Getaway Car ……….Hall and Oates
37. I’ll Know (When The Right One Comes Along) ……Sonja Grier
38. The Rock ……Ms. Jody
39. Hold On To The Blues …….Lonnie Givens
40. Movin’ _and Groovin’ ……..Phil Wilson
41. Down and Dirty Love Lil’ …….Red and The Tams
42. Love Never Felt So Good ……Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake
43. Blurred Lines Robin Thicke ……Pharrell Willliams and T.I.
44. Give Me You …….Billy Ward and The Dominoes
45. Uptown Funk……. Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
46. Bobcat Woman …The Four Jacks
47. I Want It All Back ……Gary Lowder and Smokin’ _Hot
48. Cold Beer and Hot Women …..Clifford Curry
49. Extra Careful …..The Band of Oz
50. Bad Mamma Jammer ……Nathaniel Kimble
Left to right: Cassy Schumway, Martha Murph, Judie Sheppard, Cindy Day – Chairman.
One of the many things that makes the OD Shag Club special is our Hospitality Committee. Cindy Day and her team comprised of Judi Shepard, Martha Murph and Cassy Shumway greet and welcome everyone to our parties. They have a way of making all of us feel special! Let me tell us a little about this great team!
Cindy Day was born in the “arctic tundra” of Minot, North Dakota. The record low in Minot has been as cold as -49 degrees. No wonder Cindy moved to South Carolina 35 years ago! Cindy has been a decorator for Belk for over 10 years and has been a member of the OD Shag Club since 2008. Since joining the Shag Club, Cindy jumped right in and joined the Decorations Committee and has been the Chairman of the Hospitality Committee for 3 years. Her favorite OD Shag Club event is the Oyster Roast. Who doesn’t love the Oyster Roast? She loves Darius Rucker music and loves being on the Hospitality Committee.
Judie Shepard was born in Windsor, Ontario, Canada! I hear it can be rather cold in Canada, as well! Judie moved to NMB in 1997 from St. Simons Island, GA where she was a charter member of the Golden Isles Shag Club. Judie has been a member since 1997 and has worked on the Decorations Committee, Golf Tournament and Hospitality Committee. Judie’s favorite OD Shag Club event is the Christmas party where everyone is all dressed up and looking fine! Her favorite shag song is “Move Across the River”. I heard through the grapevine that Judie has sold more than 1 ticket at our golf cart raffle tent!
Martha Murph comes to us by way of St. Paul’s, North Carolina. She and her husband had been coming to the SOS for years and decided to move here in 1999. She has been a member of the OD Shag Club for 17 years. Martha has served on many committees including Ways and Means and she must love the Hospitality Committee since she has been on the committee 3 previous times. Her favorite OD Shag Club event is the Christmas party so she can see a lot of the members in all their glitter! Martha tells me that once upon a time, the OD Shag Club had a Laugh-In Wall and they were hysterical. Maybe we can reinvent the wall at some point!
Cassy Shumway was born in Plattsburg, New York. When she and Tim retired from the Air Force in 1996, they beat a path to NMB! Cassy runs her own cleaning service. She has been on the Decorations Committee, Entertainment Committee, Board Member and Hospitality Committee. Cassy is one of our Al Cain Award winners and is currently a board member. Cassy loves Bruno Mars’ new song – Funk You Up and she loves the Clean Sweep event! Who knew?
One thing the Hospitality Committee has in common is that they all volunteer for various jobs in the OD Shag Club and have fun while participating!
Please say Hello to our Hospitality Committee and thank them for everything they do!
Way to Go, Ladies!
We had a great January but we are just getting started. We will be doing new (and old) things throughout the year, so make sure you do not miss a minute of it. I am very proud and excited about the Committee Chairs and I’m looking forward to what they have planned. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend the Board Meetings on the first Tuesday of every month. The next one is on February 3rd and I look forward to hearing your ideas and appreciate any and all participation from our ODSC Members.
The ACSC Winter Workshop was during the Mid-Winter Event for the first time and the ODSC was represented by Wendy Schultz (President), Monica Powell (Vice President), Tina Tomberlin (Secretary), Karen Young (Past President) and Terry McCoy (Fund Raiser Committee Chair). The theme of the event was “Ladies and Gentlemen…Start Your Engines”. It was very inspiring and the ODSC Board will be working on some future ideas to make our club better in 2015.
The Mid-Winter Brunch was a great time and we so appreciate all the hard work that Chris and his crew do for the OD Shag Club. The food is always good and the Board did a terrific job serving it. Murl played some wonderful music and the Entertainment Committee taught a line dance called the Beach Boogie.
The Clean Sweep was very successful despite the postponement due to rain and a cold morning the day of the event. The coffee was hot, the biscuits were fresh and they had thank you gifts for all that attended. Make sure you mark you calendars for the Spring Clean Sweep on May 2nd at 8:30am. They are planning something special for you.
February 21st is the “ODSC Famous Oyster Roast” 6pm at the OD Arcade and Lounge. We will have chicken bog for those of you that do not eat oysters. Donnie and his worker bees will assure that everyone has plenty of food. Beth Cornwell with Ways & Means has received her “Oyster Roast” shirts and they can be purchased for $20 each at the event.
Come join the fun!!! It’s almost time for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday March 14th at 9am. The club will be providing beads for all that participate…you’ll LOVE it!!
The St. Patrick’s Day celebration will continue into the next weekend and on Saturday March 21st when we will be having the “Luck of the Irish “ Party, 6pm at Fat Harold’s Beach Club. The club will be providing the meat and rolls and you bring your best Irish side dish or dessert and wear your crazy hats, beads and all your green!!
Thank you !!!
Brrrrrr!!! It was a bit chilly at 8:30 in the morning, but without a doubt, another beautiful day in North Myrtle Beach. We had a total of 30 people and collected 33 bags of trash on Main Street from The Pavilion to BiLo. We have to start by thanking H Lee Brown for allowing us to use his building to gather and prepare for our event.
Thanks goes to Nancy Queen, Steve Queen, Jim Queen and Judy Nutt, for having everything so organized and making sure we had what we needed. They did a bang up job!!! Fritz Eckhart was in attendance to document the event with his photographs and Debbie Schmitt collected all the gifts for the participants, that were donated by businesses along Main Street. She also packed the gifts in bags and wrote all the thank you notes for the donations.
Make your plans to attend the Spring Clean Sweep on May 2nd. Let’s keep our beach clean!!!!